Medical faculty, Department for physical and rehabilitation medicine
For over 50 years, University Rehabilitation Institute – Soča, has been the clinical basis for students of Medical Faculty Ljubljana. It has been the headquarters of the Department for physical and rehabilitation medicine since its establishment on April 1, 1997. Its basic activities include organization of under and postgraduate programs for medical doctors and programs of specialization in physical and rehabilitation medicine and in those areas that include physical and rehabilitation medicine such as orthopaedics, general surgery, neurology, medicine of work, pediatrics and family medicine.
The department cooperates with the main European professional board »UEMS European Board for Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine«, a EU body that coordinates postgraduate programs and organizes the European exam.
In 2006, prof. Črt Marinček, MD, Ph.D., was elected into the European academy for physical medicine and rehabilitation (Académie Europénne de Médecine de Réadaptation), and since January 2008 has been Chief Editor of International Journal of Rehabilitation Research, an international impact factor journal (LWW, London).
Prof. Črt Marinček, MD, Ph.D. and prof. Helena Burger, MD, Ph.D., are members of editorial boards of several international scientific impact factor journals (Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, Disability and Rehabilitation,
International Journal of Rehabilitation Research, Prosthetics and Orthotics International).
- physical medicine and rehabilitation / lectures and practical work
- contact with patient / lectures and practical work
- postgraduate program in Biomedicine, a course in Rehabilitation medicine / seminar
Medical Faculty, Department for public health
- occupational medicine /practical work
Faculty of Education
- education of hearing impaired – speech and language therapy / practical work
Faculty of Health Sciences
- physical therapy / lectures and practical work
- occupational therapy / lectures and practical work
- orthotics and prosthetics / lectures and practical work
- health care / lectures and practical work
- medical psychology / practical work