The medical departments specialize in comprehensive in- and out-patient rehabilitation of adults and children with impairments of central and peripheral nervous systems, mobility-related body structures and functions, as well as in the treatment of patients with chronic pain and cancer. Our services include specialized examinations, assessment and diagnostics of locomotion (kinesiological diagnostics), neurophysiological and internal functional diagnostics, testing and prescription of specific assistive and rehabilitation devices, diagnostics and treatment of spasticity and pain, measurements of gait, posture and balance, isokinetic dinamometry, measurements of pressure in shoes, ultrasound, electrophysological examinations (EMG, EEG, SEP, MEP, sensorimetry), identification of peripheral vascular disease or venal disorders, exercise testing, ergospirometry and testing of respiratory functions, diagnostics of sacral functions, driving ability tests, psychological testing. Our work is based on complex methods from the fields of physical therapy, occupational therapy as well as psychological, speech and social therapeutic treatment including counseling on adaptations of the patient's living environment and vehicle. We also carry out educational programs in the field of physical and rehabilitation medicine, specialization and postgraduate training as well as internship of medical and other experts in the field of rehabilitation. Research is carried out in all the above-mentioned areas.
Our work is carried out in six departments, an out-patient rehabilitation unit and a unit for rehabilitation of patients with muscular and neuromuscular diseases.
- Department for rehabilitation of patients after amputation
- Department for (re)habilitation of children
- Department for rehabilitation of patients after injuries, with peripheral nervuos impairments and rheumatologic diseases
- Department for rehabilitation of patients after traumatic brain injury, with multiple sclerosis and other neurological diseases
- Department fro rehabilitation of patients after stroke
- Department for rehabilitation of patients with spinal cord lesions
- Unit for rehabilitation of patients with muscular and neuromuscular diseases