The library of the University Rehabilitation Institute, Republic of Slovenia – Soča, was founded in 1972. Its users have access to scientific and professional literature, printed or digital, that they need for their clinical, research and educational activities. The library is open to public although it is primarily intended for institute employees and students. It cooperates with numerous libraries across Slovenia, mostly with biomedical. Since 1993, the library has been an active part of the catalogue system COBISS (Cooperative Online Bibliographical System and Services).
Activities in the library:
- acquiring, processing, keeping and lending library materials needed by users to perform professional work in URI-Soča and elsewhere;
- acquisition and provision of bibliographic and other informative products and services;
- educating users on the use of the library and its information resources;
- informing on novelties in the library;
- access to the Internet;
- managing personal bibliographies of the institute employees in the COBISS system;
- cooperating with libraries of the biomedical circle of Slovenia and interlibrary lending of books and materials with other libraries in Slovenia; ;
- other work and activities defined by law on librarian activities.
The library reading room holds 7 seats, 3 of which are computer equipped and have access to the Internet. The library also has WiFi access.
Head: Polonca Mekicar, B.A.
T: ++386 1 475 84 47
Assistant to head: Marjetka Voden, M.A.
T: ++386 1 475 84 48